How to get to the University of Notre Dame
Indiana Time Zones: As of April 2, 2006, all of Indiana observes daylight saving time. As of April 2, 2006, the eight Indiana counties of Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, and Starke observe the Eastern to Central Time Zones.
Location on Campus
The Department of Applied and Computational Mathematics and Statistics is housed in the Hurley Building (1032), with some rooms in the adjacent Hayes-Healy Center (1082). Visitor parking is available. See this link for Rules and Map. The facilities include offices for regular and visiting faculty, graduate students, the Mathematics Library, seminar and colloquium rooms, and computing facilities.
The Mathematics Library in the basement of the Hayes-Healy Center contains over 35,000 volumes and subscriptions to about 290 current journals. The Mathematics Library has an extensive collection of informally published and unpublished documents, including dissertations and lecture notes. In the fall of 2008, the library was dedicated to our Professor Emeritus of Mathematics, Timothy O’Meara. It is now the O. Timothy O’Meara Mathematics Library.
Local Area Travel Information
- The local airport is South Bend Regional Airport
- Bus schedule to and from O’Hare and Midway airports
- Train service to and from downtown Chicago and the University of Chicago (59th street)
- Transpo Bus Service (South Bend area)
- The Transpo Sweep (Available to ND faculty, staff, and students)
- Local taxi services
- Morris Inn
- Ivy Court Inn and Suites
- Inn at Saint Mary’s
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - South Bend/Notre Dame (Eddy Street Commons)
- Residence Inn by Marriott - South Bend
- Hampton Inn and Suites - South Bend
South Bend/Mishawaka Area Information