Join us to learn more about employer-sponsored healthcare in the U.S. and the evolving role of the healthcare actuary.
4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
127 Hayes-Healy Center
Refreshments will be provided.
Andrew Hiles, F.S.A., M.A.A.A.
Vice President Actuarial and Underwriting, National Accounts, Aetna
Prior roles include:
- National Benefits Leader, McKinsey & Company (management consulting), where he served health systems, carriers and employers in the development of new products and in the review of the efficiency of their benefit programs
- National and regional leadership roles at Towers Watson and Aon Hewitt (benefit consulting), where he served employer clients in the development of long-term benefit strategies that met corporate goals for talent (attraction/retention), worker productivity and financial efficiency
- Served as lead benefit strategy consultant to numerous major employers across all industries
- Applied forward-looking procurement techniques to the assessment of carrier fees
- Partnered with economists from the John’s Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public
- Health to develop methods helping employers assess cultural and socioeconomic health care disparities in their workforce
- Member of the National Business Group of Health’s “Health Inequities Advisory Board”
- Member of Wellpoint’s “Health Disparities Advisory Board”